- What's on
- Artist development
- Support us
Applications to participate in the Britten–Pears Young Artist Programme 2014 require a completed application form, your CV and an uploaded video audition. The deadline for applications is 11:59pm GMT on Friday 15 November 2013. There is no formal upper age limit or qualification required but we expect that most participants will be in the age range 19 – 30 and be either current students or recent graduates of a major music performance or composition degree course.
Choose the course(s) you wish to apply for. Please check the course descriptions carefully and ensure that you are eligible for them: The Courses
There are 5 stages to the application process.
1. Carefully read through all sections in 'Your Application'.
2. Record your audition video. Make sure your audition meets the specific requirements of the courses you are applying for. Your audition should be submitted as a single video. If you have multiple videos but no editing facilities, you can still edit them together within YouTube.
3. Upload your audition. Check and upload your audition to YouTube. Ensure that your settings allow it to be viewed by our assessors but no-one else Submitting video via Youtube Additional audio may be submitted via SoundCloud, however your audition pieces must all be video. Submitting audio via Soundcloud
4. Pay your £25 application fee and take note of the payment reference number. Only one fee needs to be paid regardless of how many courses you apply for. Instructions on how to do this can be found here: Paying your Application Fee
5. Fill out and submit your Application Form. You will need to include your current CV (.doc, .docx or .pdf), your YouTube/SoundCloud URL and Payment Reference Number before this will be accepted.
Application Deadline: 11.59pm (GMT) on Friday 15 November 2013
Results: Will be announced by March 2014 (Easter courses will be earlier)
Take a look at the 2014 Britten–Pears Young Artist programme brochure.
What our past alumni say:
‘I have never been anywhere else where I have learnt so much in so short a time and have come away refreshed and itching to make music.’
‘The BPP is a great opportunity to work with top musicians in a friendly and supportive environment. ... The genuine love of music embedded in everyone here is truly inspirational and reminds us why we want to be musicians.’
‘Britten–Pears is a very positive experience. From the stunning location to the excellent tuition it is an opportunity young musicians should not miss out on.’
‘The Programme is a great symposium where composers, performers and tutors can work closely together in an inspirational environment.’